Sunday, April 4, 2010

Featured Stamper - TheresaCC

Today's Featured Stamper on Splitcoaststampers is Theresa Momber (a/k/a TheresaCC). I actually had time to do two cards -- one last night and one this morning.

The first card is a sneak peek of a soon-to-be released (next week) set from Mark's Finest Papers called Our Side of the Pond.




I CASEd this card of Theresa's -- Life Happens -- keeping much of the feel of her card. I used Spellbinders Labels Nine for my frog image panel, stamping the cattails in Palette Cognac and coloring with Copic markers, sponging around the edge with Palette Raw Sienna. I finally figured out the technique of inking up a Cuttlebug embossing folder so that the ink transfers onto the embossed piece. That's what I did with the background panel. After stamping the sentiment, I punched it out using the SU Key Tag punch, adding a button and some twine.

This card also qualifies for this week's Crazy 4 Challenges challenge of using kraft as the card base. While not called kraft (it's actually Mark's Finest Papers Desert Sand), I don't think anyone is going to argue.


Stamps - Mark's Finest Papers: Speedy the Cat Collection - Our Side of the Pond
Paper - MFP Desert Sand, Corn Husk, and Deepest Mahogany
Ink - Palette Cognac, Raw Sienna and Landscape
Accessories - Spellbinders Labels Nine, Copic markers, Brads, SU Key Tag punch, Button, Twine, Sponge daubers
-----------
My second card is a CASE of Theresa's Rainbow Butterflies. I didn't change much on this card, keeping the colors, layout and theme. What I did change were the stamps -- this butterfly is a new Purple Daisies Designs stamp I found at a recent StampFest in Clearwater. It coordinates with one of the Paper Shapers punches. I added an additional two layers (one black, one white) to my card.



What drew me to Theresa's card were the bright colors on her butterflies, so I didn't want to change that at all. The flower image is from Just for Fun, and the sentiment is from Verve's Birthday Surprise.
--------
Stamps - Purple Daisies Designs butterfly, Just for Fun Wildflowers Silhouette, Verve Birthday Surprise
Paper - Mark's Finest Papers Snow Storm Smooth and Speedy the Cat Black
Ink - SU Tempting Turquoise, Regal Rose, So Saffron; Versafine Black Onyx
Accessories - Paper Shapers butterfly punch, Sponge daubers, Rectangle Nestabilities, Paper piercing tool, Scor-Pal

No comments: