Sunday, July 11, 2010

Featured Stamper and Catch-Up

I was totally unfamiliar with today's Featured Stamper (sbs81 a/k/a Stephanie) on SCS so it was a treat to look through her gallery. I actually chose a card that she uploaded just this past week, Crabby. I liked the bright reds and the simple layout, both of which I kept for my card. I eliminated one layer, the brads, and the ribbon; but added a sentiment and some pearls. Instead of stitching, I just pierced around the edge of the white panel. Her card was quite whimsical; mine is a bit more traditional.




Stamps - Mark's Finest Papers - Spring Roses, sentiment from soon-to-be-released Background Fun
Paper - MFP Snow Storm Smooth, Ripened Tomato; Basic Grey Indian Summer DP
Ink - Palette Noir Black
Accessories - Copic markers, Tim Holtz Retro Circles embossing folder, Tag punches, Paper piercing tool, Half pearls



Yesterday's Inspiration Challenge site, Blue Carrot Shop, has a whole bunch of vintage items to purchase. I recognized several of those things as having been in my house at one time or another. I chose this Florida Tray, using the theme and colors for my card. This also qualifies for Speedy's Friends Challenge to use a punch. The sentiment was punched out with the Word Window Punch.


Stamps - Mark's Finest Papers - Tropical Vacation
Paper MFP Clean Oven Gray, Snow Storm Smooth; Basic Grey Ambrosia DP
Ink - Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Weathered Wood,Tumbled Glass, Crushed Olive, Bundled Sage
Accessories - Spellbinders Labels Ten, Word Window Punch, Prima Flowers, Brads, Sponge Daubers, Scalloped Circle Punch for cloud template




As I was looking through yesterday's inspiration site, I came across this set of salt and pepper shakers. Guess what, I have a very similar set in my collection of over 100 S&P shakers.This card also qualifies for the Crazy4Challenges color challenge of red, white, and black.
Stamps - The Greeting Farm Happy Chef
Paper - SU Real Red and Basic Black, GP White
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Lady Bug
Accessories - Copic, Prismacolor, and Memento markers, Pop dots

No comments: