Thursday, July 1, 2010

Stampin'B Challenge #65 - Summer Vacation

The theme of summer vacation was a great starting point for this week's Stampin'B's DT Blog Challenge, and what better place to spend a summer vacation than at the beach!




For my card I used several images from Gina K Designs’ Lazy Days of Summer, and two diecuts from Spellbinders Surf’s Up! Shapeabilities set. Cut out with a square Nestabilities die, I sponged around the edges of the stamped images before removing the die. The images are colored using Copic markers. I used a piece of SU Cool Caribbean that I've been hoarding for the card base and Tempting Turquoise for the layered water piece. I found some appropriate patterned paper in my stash – and there you are! Have a great summer!!!

Stamps - Gina K Designs' Lazy Days of Summer
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black; Palette inks -- Reflection Blue, Cognac, Beaux Arts Blue, L'Amore Red, Burnt Umber
Paper - Cool Caribbean, Tempting Turquoise, GP white, unknown sand and water patterned paper
Accessories - Copic markers, Square Nestabilities, Surf's Up Shapeabilities, Sponge daubers

1 comment:

Joanne (jojot) said...

sure says BEACH to me.....fun card