Saturday, December 18, 2010

SCS Inspiration Challenge

The Inspiration Challenge on SCS is my favorite of the week. And this week's site for the inspiration was a hilarious look at some really outrageous sport coats worn by commentator Don Cherry. I was compelled to make two cards using his jackets for my inspiration.

I love plaids, and so both of the jackets I chose had to be plaid. the first one is a black and white.



I must confess that the plaid DP I used for this card started out red and green. I copied it on my printer, using no color -- thus it came out black and white. I make lots of birthday cards for the residents of the assisted living facility where my mom lives, and cards for men are always a challenge. I think this one will work. The tree image and sentiment are from Mark's Finest Papers' Our Family Tree. I picked up the touch of red from Don's tie and handkerchief by matting the panels with MFP Ripened Tomato -- and added some red half-pearls.



Stamps - Mark's Finest Papers Our Family Tree
Paper - MFP Snow Storm Smooth, Ripened Tomato; unknown plaid DP
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distressed Weathered Wood
Accessories - Half-pearls

My second card was inspired by this blue and lime green plaid jacket.




I had one last gift card holder to make for Christmas, and today's Inspiration Challenge gave me that opportunity. I had a small piece of this lime green and blue plaid DP -- enough for the background of my gift card holder, which is for my granddaughter. I had also bought her another gift, which I had wrapped with snowman paper. So this cute little snowman from MFP Snowman Country seemed to be an appropriate accompaniement. I had been fortunate enough to win these Labels Eleven dies during the SCS Hope You Can Cling To month-long challenge in October.




Here is the gift card holder open.



Thanks for stopping by and looking at my creations.

Stamps - Mark's Finest Papers Snowman Country
Paper - MFP Lime Squeeze and Snow Storm Smooth; Chatterbox Tie Plaid DP
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black and Palette Ballet Blue
Accessories - Copic markers, Labels Eleven

No comments: