Sunday, January 9, 2011

Featured Stamper - UKJem

Today's Featured Stamper on Splitcoaststampers is Julie, whose screen name on SCS is UKJem. She has a relatively small, but wonderfully creative, gallery. I chose two of her cards to CASE today.

The first card I found is her Flower Accents card, which was made with very pretty flowers and a lovely sentiment.



My sister was visiting this weekend, and she brought her Heartfelt Creations Daisy Patch stamps and matching Spellbinders dies with her. I used them to make the spray of flowers on my card. The pretty Anna Griffith DP had just enough of a pattern to look good behind the large Labels Ten die. I used it uncut first but decided that it would look better cut into three sections.

I actually had started this second card earlier in the week when the faux tile technique was featured on the home page of SCS. Using the large scene stamp from the soon-to-be released In the Forest set from Mark's Finest Papers, I created the faux tiles. The completed tiles have been sitting on my counter all week while I tried to figure out how I would use them.

Julie's Cats Have Staff card had the right layout to use the tile. My card is 5 1/2 inches square. The base is Mark's Finest Papers' Flecked Dirt (don't you love that name?), and the DP is from the Basic Grey Archaic paper pad. I thought this card would make a nice masculine birthday card -- or even a sympathy card, which are not easy.
----------
Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Doris said...

Love the way you did your tiles--so many, too! What a beautiful card, Lois. Happy New Year!

Joanne (jojot) said...

both are fabulous.....you are one rockin' stamper

Liz Williams said...

Stunning work on these fabulous cards. I can hardly wait to see what you have done for the HOP.