Saturday, March 19, 2011

Inspiration Challenge - Kirkland's

Today is Saturday and time for my favorite SCS challenge -- the Inspiration Challenge. Today's site is Kirkland's, a home decor store. We used to have a Kirkland's in the mall; but, like so many chains, they have left the mall and are strickly on-line.

My first card was inspired by these lovely pillows, which come in several colors, but I liked the brown and blue the best.




I stamped the vine from Mark's Finest Papers Brick Wall set several times with Versafine Sepia onto a panel of MFP Breezy Blue, turning my block each time so that the pattern was varied. Then I clear embossed it. I used this week's sketch as my layout, so there wasn't much more that I needed to add -- the Martha Stewart buterfly and a sentiment from the same set.
---------
Stamps: Mark's Finest Papers - Brick Wall
Paper: MFP Snow Storm Smooth, Flecked Dirt, Breezy Blue, Morning Sun
Ink: Versafine Sepia
Accessories: Clear embossing powder, Martha Stewart butterfly punch, Gold half-pearls

*********
My second card was a little more involved. Inspired by this charger, I cut three strips of MFP cardstock (Spring Green Parchment, Hazelnut Tan, and Desert Sand) and glued them down on a piece of paper. Then I cut the circle with the largest Classic Circle nestie and distressed it with Tim Holtz Tea Die ink. I cut the leaves using a Sizzix die and stamped the bird from MFP Tweet Blessings.





I then mounted the circle onto a 4 3/4 inch square card of MFP Corn Husk, added the sentiment and baker's twine -- and I was through.
Thanks for stopping by my blog.
---------
Stamps: Mark's Finest Papers - Tweet Blessings
Paper: MFP Corn Husk, Spring Green Parchment, Hazelnut Tan, Desert Sand
Ink: Tim Holtz Distressed Tea Dye, Versafine Sepia
Accessories: Sizzix Leaf die and Floral Lattice folder, Spellbinders Circle die, Baker's Twine, Clear embossing powder

No comments: