Saturday, May 7, 2011

Inspiration Challenge and Speedy's Friends

Because the SCS Inspiration Challenge is my favorite, I actually did two cards today. The site for today was Henrietta's Handbag, a shop with lots and lots of very creative handbags. As I was looking through the bags, I came across this felted bag, which immediately made me think of the American flag, with its stars and stripes. The bag has dots and stripes, but you get the idea! For my card I used a brand-new set from Mark's Finest Papers called American Made, which will be released on Tuesday. Speedy's Friends challenge was all about paper, ink, and stamps -- no embellishments. So there are no pearls, no Prima flowers, no ribbon on this card.



I actually did two cards for the Inspiration Challenge. This card is a little more fun, inspired by this funky market bag.

I didn't have an image of a lily pad the right size, so I cheated and Googled "lily pad" on the internet and found one that would work. So I printed it and cut it out.



Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I hope you liked what you found.

Card #1
Stamps - Mark's Finest Papers - American Made
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black and Rhubarb Stalk; Tim Holtz Distressed Faded Jeans
Paper - MFP Snow Storm Smooth, Ripened Tomato, Dark Night Navy
Accessories - Cuttlebug and Stars embossing folder, Spellbinders Labels Trio, Sponge dauber, Spica silver glitter pen

Card #2
Stamps - Mark's Finest Papers - Our Side of the Pond and Whispering Winds
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper - MFP Snow Storm Smooth, Lime Squeeze
Accessories - Copic markers, Pebbles pearlescent chalks, Labels Four Nestabilities, Pop dots, Computer for lily pad image

4 comments:

redwasher1 said...

Lois, I really like both of your cards!! The top is outstanding and Iso love that cute frog!! I think I need that set!!!
Thanks for sharing it with us at Speedy's Friends.

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Lois- Great takes on the challenge! Thanks for sharing with Speedy's Friends.

Winnie and Patty said...

Lois--these cards are GREAT!!!! I love the Made in America card because it is my favorite set right now!!! It is perfect for Speedy's challenge! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy the Cat's challenge. We appreciate it!

Joanne (jojot) said...

both cards are fabulous...the first so clearly patriotic and the second so very sweet...thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends