Thursday, June 2, 2011

Stampin'B Challenge - Masculine

Our Stampin'Bs challenge hostess for this week was Brenda (Benzi), who asked us to do a masculine card -- using brown, black and one other color of our choosing. I chose RED.

Take Time & Father's Day from Mark's Finest Papers is one of my favorite sets to make masculine cards. I just found a DCWV matstack called Tattered Time, which has some great DP to go along with the images from the stamp set.



My cardbase is MFP Licorice Whips, a 100-lb. cardstock. I stippled the Desert Sand with some Memento Rich Cocoa to give it a little texture. The rest is pretty self-explanatory. Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

Stamps: Mark's Finest Papers - Take Time & Father's Day
Paper: MFP Licorice Whips, Ripened Tomato, Desert Sand; DCWV Tattered Time DP
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories: Stipple brush, Brads, Circle Nestabilities

5 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

What a terrific guy card, Lois! That clock looks fabulous. :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Oh I have always liked this clock set! Wonderful card!

pam124 said...

Lois, you know I'm lovin' this card with the clock and matching sentiment. What a winner and great job with the StampinB challenge this week.

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a fabulous masculine birthday card....I don't have the MFP clock set but I have one from CHF...will have to remember to get that out

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Well, of course RED is the perfect addition to the brown and black!! LOL!!