Thursday, August 4, 2011

Stampin'B Challenge

I was the hostess for this week's Stampin'Bs challenge. I asked the rest of the team to make a square birthday card with piercing. In case you'd like to know how I came up with this challenge, there is a story involved. Some time ago there was a challenge involving paper piercing. After making my card, however, I realized that the challenge was "piecing" not "piercing." So I've got a card done and no challenge! What to do? What to do? I know. My next challenge to the Bs will be "paper piercing!"



There's not a whole lot of stamping on my card -- just the birthday sentiment. I stamped it on Mark's Finest Papers Corn Husk and then cut it out with a circle nestie. In my craft supplies are pieces of plastic canvas left from when I was doing plastic canvas needlepoint, so I used a round piece as the template for my piercing. I glued the circle onto a Spellbinders Parisian Motifs diecut in MFP Dark Night Navy and mounted it on a square of Prima Reflections DP.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

Stamps: Mark's Finest Papers - Flourishes and Frame
Paper: Mark's Finest Papers - Dark Night Navy, Corn Husk; Prima Reflections DP
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Spellbinders Parisian Motifs Shapeabilities die, Paper piercing tool, Circle Nestabilities, Pop dots

3 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Looks fabulous with that bg paper! Great piercing too!

pam124 said...

Lois, I LOVE your card with the sentiment as the focal piece and beautiful nestie framing. Your colors and piercing are fabulous. Was that piercing or piecing - I'm so CONFUSED!!! LOL!! Great job!

Joanne (jojot) said...

so very classy with that beautiful frame....fabulous piercing as well