Saturday, December 24, 2011

Masculine Cards

I've been trying to add some masculine cards to my stash this week. Here are two of them:

The first one was done for Friday's Free4All challenge on Splitcoast -- to make a tri-fold card. One of my favorite types of tri-fold card is the Joy Fold Card. You can find the directions for this fold in the Resource Section of SCS. I used Green Forest and Hazelnut Tan cardstock from Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Company, for the panel bases, and two different designer papers from Basic Grey's Oxford paper pad. The image, a new favorite, is from MFP's brand-new set New Pines, and stamped onto MFP Fresh Cream.



On the inside I stamped the single pinecone and overstamped the sentiment in Versafine Olympic Green.



My second guy card was made for the Inspiration Challenge on SCS. Pam Stang had suggested Urban Art Loft as the inspiration site this week. Believe me, it is chock full of all kinds of inspiration. I chose this print as my inspiration. I used the barn scene from MFP's A Trip to Lancaster for the main image, coloring it with Copic markers. The paper I used was MFP's Deepest Mahogany, Hazelnut Tan, Desert Tan, and Snow Storm Smooth. I added some trim with a thin strip of the Deepest Mahogany.



So I've got a few more guy cards in my stash now. Several birthdays are coming up, and I will surely use these. Thanks for stopping by my blog and hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Joanne (jojot) said...

these are fabulous Masculine card...esp. like that fancy fold one