Saturday, December 3, 2011

Speedy's Friends and Inspiration Challenge

I made two cards for this morning's Inspiration Challenge on Splitcoaststampers. The inspiration was appropriate for the season -- lots of hand-blown glass Christmas ornaments by Christopher Radko. I chose this retired ornament as the inspiration for my first card, which is also for Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge of using your favorite embellishment. I used the icicles, large snowflake and sentiment from a soon-to-be released set from Mark's Finest Papers. a Heinrich Company, called Ice and Snow.



The icicles were stamped in ColorBox Silver pigment ink and embossed with Detail Silver embossing powder. Using Copic Opaque White paint, I colored them in and then added some Icicle Stickles. The sentiment and snowflakes were stamped in Stampin' Up Whisper White and embossed with Winter Wonderland embossing powder, which has some silver sparkles in it. I guess my favorite embellishment would be ribbon, especially when paired with a stickpin or two.

I did wind up making two cards for the inspiration challenge. I chose this little church ornament as the starting point for my second card.



Colored with Copic markers in the same colors as the ornament, this church reminds me so much of the mission church I attended as a child in Bucks County, Pennsylvania. This week's SCS sketch challenge seemed to be a good layout to highlight the church scene. The designer paper is from the Authentique Wonder paper pad.

Card 1
Stamps: Mark's Finest Papers - Ice and Snow, unknown small snowflakes stamp
Paper: MFP Dark Night Navy, Sparkling Silver, Snow Storm Smooth
Ink: ColorBox Silver Pigment, SU Whisper White
Accessories: Copic Opaque White paint, Ribbon, Stickpins, Stickles, Winter Wonderland embossing powder, Detail Silver embossing powder


Card 2
Stamps: Mark's Finest Papers: Christmas in the Country
Paper: MFP Cherry Slush, Snow Storm Smooth
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distressed Tumbled Glass
Accessories: Square nesties, Copic markers, Stickles

Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

6 comments:

Barbara Colbert said...

Lovely cards Lois! Your work is always exquisite with wonderful coloring and add ons! Thanks for sharing with Speedy the Cat's Friends Challenge!

Pat said...

Both cards are lovely. Thanks for joining Speedy the Cats Friends.

Janeen said...

Both beauties. I like your BG paper on the church. Isn't that a great stamp?? luv it! luv it! Thanks for sharing with Speedys Friends at Marks Finest Papers.

Candy Meyers said...

Both of these cards are gorgeous. I love the music background. And snowflakes are always a favorite.
Candy Meyers

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such pretty cards Lois. Especially love the one with the church image. :o)

Designing with Debbie said...

Lois as always beautiful work. I love both cards. Thanks for playing along with us here at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge this week. Hope to see you again next week.