Thursday, July 26, 2012

CCEE1230 - Step Card

This is my last week as hostess for the CCEE Stampers, and I asked the team to make a Step Card --  either side-step or center-step -- a fun technique.  I chose a Center-Step card, using a brand-new stamp set from Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Company, called Above the Rest.


There are two giraffe images on this set, as well as several cute sentiments.  I just love the sweet face on this sitting giraffe.  Last year I bought a DCWV paper pack called Safari Chic, which has some great African prints in it.  Fortunately one of them was a giraffe pattern.  I added some gold twine and a little gold charm, and I was finished.

The CCEE Stampers would love for you to play along with us.  Come visit our Blog.  If you decide to make a card for this challenge and post it to another website, such as Splitcoaststampers, be sure to use the keyword CCEE1230 so we can all find it.

Stamps:  Mark's Finest Papers - Above the Rest
Paper:  MFP Deep Scarlet, Snow Storm Smooth; DCWV Safari Chic DP
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  Copic markers, Gold twine, Charm


10 comments:

Vicky Gould said...

Perfect colors and coloring, Lois. An adorable card...sorry I missed this challenge!

Benzi said...

This is just the sweetest giraffe and great card with the perfect dp.
Thanks for the challenge this week, Lois. I had never made a step card and I think I'm ready (almost) to take on another one. They really are fun. Plus, I got a Christmas card made. :-)

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

perfect dp to go with the image

wannabcre8tive said...

Super cute card, I love the giraffe and the matching paper.

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

I'm WILD about the Wild animal stamps. Like your Giraffe card. Especially like the style of card.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Kathy Bradley said...

Lois,
Perfect BG and wonderfully colored image for this pretty step card!

Joanne (jojot) said...

simply wild and exotic....fabbo

Jane said...

Love this stamp set!!! Darling card Lois.

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohh so so PRETTY!~

Sabrina said...

I see Anne says perfect DP to go with the image. I say perfect image to go with the style of card!
Thank you for the fun challenges this month, Lois.