Thursday, September 20, 2012

CCEE1238 - Food or Drink

This week our CCEE hostess Sabrina asked us to make a card using an image or paper which features food or drink.  She tempted us with bonus points if we included a recipe.  I thought the perfect way to include a recipe would be to make a criss-cross pocket card -- inserting the recipe inside.  Many many years ago my aunt gave my mom a recipe for pumpkin bread.  My brother, sister and I grew up loving this delightful bread -- more of a dessert than a bread!  My kids all grew up loving it too.  And now it's a staple at every holiday gathering.

Here's my card -- the food image is obviously a pumpkin.


I used some brand new patterned paper from a DCWV matstack called The Autumn Melody Matstack.  I'm afraid the charm is a little hard to see, but it is a brass pumpkin which I colored with an orange Copic marker.

If you'd like to see what the rest of the CCEE team designed this week, check out the Blog -- and we'd love to have you play along with us.

Stamps:  Mark's Finest Papers - Autumn Glory
Paper:  MFP Orange Duo, Autumn Greens, Snow Storm Smooth; DCWV The Autumn Melody Matstack
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  Copic markers, Round Tab punch, Charm, Ribbon, Corner rounder, Computer (for recipe)

11 comments:

Vicky Gould said...

What a great card to send a recipe to a friend. Beautiful job, Lois!

Sabrina said...

The criss-cross card is a great choice for this, Lois! What beautiful papers - and the Fox in his harvest setting is so sweet. I know we used to have pumpkin pie when we were little, but now I don't know where my mother ever got the pumpkin because I don't see it in the shops here. Maybe her relatives sent it from Canada. The bread sounds pretty good, too!!

Benzi said...

The criss cross pocket card is perfect for slipping in a recipe. Your recipe is really getting me into thinking of Thanksgiving dinner...yummm.

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

What a great criss-cross card! We happen to love every kind of bread, and this time of the year what would life be like without pumpkin??? Great job!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

You have my mouth watering for some delectable pumpkin bread, Lois! What a clever idea to make this a criss-cross card to hold your recipe. I hope your sly fox doesn't get into any mischief with your pumpkins. Cute card!

Kathy Bradley said...

Lois,
Beautiful card/recipe holder and a friend will be most happy to receive this yummy recipe in the mail. Pumpkin bread is so very yummy!!

Cindy Haffner said...

FABULOUS!~

Joanne (jojot) said...

perfect card fold/style for a recipe enclosure.....and so very lovely too

wannabcre8tive said...

I am liking this pretty criss cross card. The bread sounds yummy.

Ellen Taylor said...

Sounds absolutely delish! Awesome criss cross card! Great fall image!

Pam said...

I just love this idea!!! I will be trying this one! Thanks
Pam
pamdanner1973@gmail.com
scrap-n-sewgranny@blogspot.com