Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Sketch Challenges

I've always liked sketch challenges because they give you a place to start when making a card.  I think this challenge was the first one I ever participated in when I started visiting Splitcoaststampers.  Speedy TV also has a Sketch with a Twist challenge that is always fun.  



This layout also uses the Triple Stamping technique.  There's a tutorial on Speedy TV you can check out if you've never made this particular type of card.  After stamping and coloring the grapes, I stippled the background with a stipple brush to tone down the stark white background.  Then I added the ribbon/charm in one corner and the oval with the wine in the other corner.

The layout for the the Sketch Challenge on Splitcoaststampers was actually a square one.  Because square cards cost more to mail, I expanded my card to a regular A2 shape but used the layout as the focal point.  Here's my card:


After stamping the background music, I popped on the punched-out circles, following the sketch layout.  The treble clef is part of the stamp set (Mark's Finest Papers - Just a Note) and the big notes are brads.

Card 1
Stamps: Mark's Finest Papers - No Sour Grapes
Paper:  MFP Spring Leaf, Grandma's Snow Covered Porch
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Peeled Paint
Accessories:  Copic markers, Stipple brush, Ribbon, Charm, Gold cord, Oval nesties, Pop dots

Card 2
Stamps:  Mark's Finest papers - Just a Note
Paper:  MFP Premium Heavy White, Bang Up Blue, Aqua Light
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  Circle punches, Brads, Pop dots



1 comment:

Angela Crafty Spot said...

I love both of your cards!! I love how you used grape stamp set!! They both are great! Thanks for joining us at Sketch With a Twist!
Angela