Thursday, March 7, 2013

CCEE Stampers - The Eyes Have It

A new month and a new CCEE Stampers Blog hostess.  Charlene is our hostess for March, and her first challenge was to use eyelets on our cards.  I confess I don't often use them, so I was glad for the reminder.


After embossing the vanilla cardstock with the Retro Circles embossing folder, I sponged on some tea dye ink to tone the starkness down a bit.  I used three large eyelets across the bottom.  The inside of the card says "Happy Belated Birthday."  I've already sent out this card to Vicky Gould, whose birthday completely slipped my mind.  Hope you had a happy one, my friend!

If you'd like to play along with the CCEE Stampers, make a card using some eyelets and link it up at the bottom of the blog post.

Stamps:  Mark's Finest Papers Train Talk
Paper:  MFP Deepest Mahogany, Natural Vanilla Bean
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Tea Dye
Accessories:  Copic markers, Sizzix Retro Circles embossing folder, Large eyelets, Sponge applicator

9 comments:

StampOwl said...

love that sentiment with that image

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

great use of ef. love the colors and use of eyelets too.

Benzi said...

What a perfect card for Vicky's birthday...belated. I had fun with the eyelets, too. Nice to bring out an oldie item.

Sabrina said...

Fabulous, Lois. I love the big jumbo eyelets - wish I had thought of them! And while I bet Vicky will just love this, it's a super masculine look too. The sentiment made me laugh!!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

What a cool train image and sentiment. I love the retro embossing in the bg and how you added your sponging/shading. Great use of your jumbo eyelets, too, Lois. A striking birthday card!

Vicky Gould said...

Since I am the lucky recipient of this awesome card, I can attest to the fact that it's even prettier in real life. I love it...also took note of the watches indicating "time". Awesome colors. Thank you my friend!

Kathy Bradley said...

Lois,
What a pretty card and those large eyelets remind me of the wheels on a train - perfect! I'm sure Vicky will love her card!

Joanne (jojot) said...

fabulous sponging....perfect sentiment.....great use of the eyelets

wannabcre8tive said...

Your card is so pretty, I love this train set.