Friday, May 10, 2013

Oriental Screen

The card I made today was a total experiment.  I was on the Technique Junkies Newsletter site and saw an advertisement for their Move It and Shape It CDs.  Fortunately, you can link to the pictorial Table of Contents, which I followed and found a very cool Oriental Screen card.  I thought I would give it a try.  I didn't have the tools that the creator of the card used, but I came pretty close.


I used three different stamp sets from Mark's Finest Papers on this card -- Asian Delights, Mother's Magnolias, and Marsh Silhouettes (a brand-new set which will be released next week).  I figured the most important measurement was across the top with the "scallops," so I cut a piece of black cardstock 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and then punched the border.  It almost made it across.  I then just trimmed off the edge and scored between the sections -- which are about 1 7/8".  I then measured the centers at the bottom and punched out the "legs" of the screen with the label punch.  I cut four red panels 1 1/2" x 3 3/4".   I created the collage on a piece of white cardstock 3 5/8" x 5 1/2", which I then cut into four 3 5/8" x 1 3/8" panels.

Just to let you know, I fully intend to purchase those two CDs in the future.  Technique Junkies Newsletter will be participating in StampFest Orlando at the end of June.  I will definitely check out their booth!

Stamps:  Mark's Finest Papers - Asian Delights, Mother's Magnolias, Marsh Silhouettes
Paper:  MFP Licorice Whips, Deep Scarlet, Premium Heavy White
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Bamboo Leaves; Versafine Onyx Black, Crimson Red
Accessories:  Copic markers, EK Success border punch, SU Curly Label Punch, Pebbles Pearlescent Chalks, Clear embossing powder

2 comments:

Janine said...

So cool - love it!

Bonnie Lynn said...

I'm going to have to go look for these CD's now too. I love this card Lois!