Friday, October 17, 2014

Tutorial Time - Let's Make Bugs!

I had a grand time with today's Tutorial Time challenge on Speedy TV.  Lis Robson wrote a tutorial for one way to make a little critter to add to your card.  She made a dragonfly, but I made a ladybug.  I used an oval punch to cut out all the pieces, slicing the red one in half.  I added some wire for legs and a pair of googlie eyes. I adhered her to my flower using a large foam dot.  I drew in the spots on the wings.


My flower in its original size was much too small proportionately to the ladybug.  So after stamping it, I masked it with a Post-It note and stamped it again (this time up-side down) twice, so that the flower was much larger.

If you'd like to try making some bugs, have fun!  Link up your card over on Speedy TV and you might win a free stamp set.

2 comments:

Stampsnob. said...

Love your lady bug it is the perfect addition to the flower .............Lis

nwilliams6 said...

Now, I am a bug hater - I admit it! They hate me too! BUT, I love lady bugs and your lady bug is adorable. She looks awesome on this beautiful flower too. Hugz