Thursday, July 30, 2015

CCEE1531 Happy Birthday, Harry Potter

Harry Potter's birthday is July 31, and Lynn asked the CCEE Stampers to create a card of some kind that honors "the boy who lived."  I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan.  I've read the books several times and seen the movies numerous times as well.  I did not, however, make a card -- I made a bookmark, using the cover of Book 7 - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows for my image.


I couldn't resist sharing some photos of a recent trip to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios Orlando.




This is the Hogwarts Express pulling into the station.




This is me getting ready to walk through the wall at Platform 9 3/4.  It is so cool to see someone disappear "through the wall" like that.



This is my son and grandson in one of the train cars that take you from Diagon Alley to Hogsmead and back.  Scenes play in the windows so it looks like you're really traveling from London to Hogwarts in Scotland.



I had to take a photo of the dragon blowing off some steam (and fire) atop Gringott's Bank.



This is my grandson William, my son Doug, his wife Alex, and my daughter Kathi inside Gringott's. The goblin tellers will talk to you.  We had a great time!


Check out the CCEE Stampers Blog to see how the rest of the team is honoring Harry today. By the way, it's also the birthday of J. K. Rowling, the author of the Harry Potter books.

8 comments:

Maryann said...

oh wow, how much fun that would have been visiting the set, love your idea of this bookmark

StampOwl said...

Looks like you had a fun time visiting The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Love your bookmark

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

How clever to make a bookmark using the cover of the book. Thanks for the virtual trip to see all the things in the book. What a fun trip that must have been!!

Vicky Gould said...

Love your bookmark, Lois...looks like you and your family had a grand time!

Lynn McAuley said...

I love your fabulous tag and awesome pictures! It looks like I place I need to see! Great post, Lois!

Joanne (jojot) said...

I never knew there was a Harry Potter site.....cool that you got to go....know how much you love Harry Potter...so this was the perfect challenge for you....thx for sharing your pics

Sabrina said...

Thanks for sharing those photos, Lois - it was lovely to see them. I especially liked the dragon one at the bank.
A bookmark was a great idea - you could always include it with the gift of one of the books at some stage!

Liz Williams said...

A bookmark was a brilliant idea!!! This really was a challenge for me as I am not a follower of Harry Potter.