Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Scor-Pal More Than One Score Challenge - Summer Fun

There's a challenge over on the Scor-Pal Blog called "More Than One Score."  This month the theme is Summer Fun.  I pulled out an old stamp set by Inkadinkadoo called Coastal/Maritime for my card.  As I live in Florida, a lot of the "summer fun" is related to the beach and the ocean.  For my "more than one score" part of the challenge, I made a wiper card.

Here are the basic directions for the base of my card:


Two strips of cardstock 4 1/4" x 8 1/2"
One strip of cardstock 1 1/2" x 3"
Scor-Pal
Scor-Tape







Score one of the 4 1/4" x 8 1/2" strips at 1 1/2" and 3".
Score the second strip the same.









Fold both strips as shown.









Place the 1 1/2" x 3" strip as shown, with the right-hand corner at the one-inch mark.  Score diagonally at 1".











Place a small piece of Scor-Tape at the score line.










Place the small strip in the left-hand small section so that the diagonal score line is just below the top of the card.







Place Scor-Tape on the small outside section of both strips, as shown.







Adhere the two panels as shown, with the small "wiper" strip at the top left.







When the card is closed, the "wiper" will fold down in between the two sections.

You can now complete your card as desired.



Here is my finished card.



And here it is when you pull the two ends -- the sun pops up!


Thanks for stopping by my blog today.  If you've never made a wiper card before, I hope you'll give it a try.

1 comment:

Gail said...

Hi Lois - I just found this challenge today and I am going to create a card and enter - your card is terrific -TFS - have a blessed week! Gail - back to crafting for a bit but then I need to stop as I am moving in 3 weeks - Happy Dance!