Friday, December 30, 2016

Let's Go Camping

I have to admit that I'm not much of a camper.  I do remember one summer when I was a kid, we went to the Pocono Mountains for a week; but "camped" in a cabin -- not a tent.  With that said, I have a gatefold card for you today -- using several of the dies from the "Camping" release from CottageCutz.


Supplies for this card are:

Gold cardstock - 5 1/2" x 11" scored at 2 3/4" and 8 1/4"
White cardstock - 2 pieces 5 1/4" x 2 1/2", 1 piece 5 1/4" square
Various scrap pieces of colored cardstock - green, red, pale blue, green, silver, yellow, tan, orange
Distress ink - green, orange, brown
Patterned paper - grass, sky, sand, macadam
Double-sided tape and tape runner

I started by cutting out the pieces for the Jeep and Trailer and constructing each one.  I used double sided tape for the smaller pieces to make it easier to adhere them to the base pieces.

 Then I made the scene by cutting the patterned paper and adhering it to the two white panels, which I then glued to the front panel.  I created my scene by adding the jeep and trailer as well as some trees, the mountains, and the sun.


The fun of a gatefold card happens when you open the panels to the inside.


Using several of the accessory dies in the Camping release, I created a fun campsite.




CottageCutz dies used on this project are:











1 comment:

Winnie and Patty said...

Oh my goodness Lois!!!!! This card is too adorable for words! I loved the outside, but wasn't expecting the inside to be decorated too! Just wonderful! TFS & Happy New Year!