Monday, March 27, 2017

Get Well Scene

I've got another new-to-me CottageCutz die for you today -- the Tree of Nature die with lots of cute elements.  I've made a get-well card with the look of spring.



Supplies used on this card are:

Tan cardstock for the base, 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" folded in half at the 4 1/4" mark
Dark brown cardstock 4" x 5 1/4"
Light blue cardstock 3 7/8" x 5"
White cardstock for the die cuts
Copic markers
Ranger Distress Mowed Lawn ink
Foam pop dots
Googlie eyes
Tape runner
Xyron X sticker maker
CottageCutz dies:  Tree of Nature, Picket Fence Border, Spring Grass


Instructions for card:

To avoid having to make many passes through my Big Shot with different colored cardstock, I cut all my pieces from white -- and colored them afterward.


As you can see there are four blossoms and four sets of leaves already on the die.  I used a variety of Copic markers, as well as a fine black pen, to color my die-cut pieces.



As you construct a scene on your card, you could decide to cut more of them.  As you can see with my colored images, I decided I needed more leaves and blossoms.  While I was at it, I also cut two strips of grass using the Spring Grass die and sponged on some green ink for texture.


Next I cut the cardstock for my card base -- tan, dark brown, and pale blue.


I then constructed my scene.   I used my Xyron X sticker maker to put adhesive on the back of the smallest pieces.   I had cut two strips of grass because I wanted one strip behind the fence and one in front.   As it turned out, I actually cut four more blossoms for my tree.  Here is a close-up of the 3-D pieces (the butterfly, the bird and the owl).  I used tiny foam pop dots to create the 3-D look for the wings of the butterfly and bird -- and larger ones to adhere all three critters to the card.   I love using googlie eyes on owls, so I used them rather than the eye pieces from the die.


I then stamped the small sentiment at the top and I was finished.  Here again is my card.

Dies used on this card are:











1 comment:

Bev Polen - Guneaux Designs said...

Lois, your card is gorgeous with all the beautiful elements! Your design is great!