Monday, March 6, 2017

Woodlands Scenery

Today I have used quite a few CottageCutz dies and stamp/die sets on my card.  If you know me at all, you probably know that I love making fun-fold cards -- so it will be no surprise to see that my card is a Side-Step Card.


Supplies used on this card are:

Green cardstock - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"
Pale blue cardstock 1 3/4" x 3 7/8" and 1 3/4" x 3 1/4"
White cardstock for stamp/die sets
Scraps of brown and two shades of green for shrubbery
Copic markers
Liquid glue and tape runner
Fiskars paper trimmer
Scoring board
CottageCutz stamp/die sets - Woodland Animals, Woodlands, Garden Gnomes 1

To make the card base, I placed the 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of green cardstock into the paper trimmer with the long edge at the 3 1/2" mark.  With the cutting blade at the 1" mark, I cut a line down to the 6 3/8" mark.  Placing the long edge of the card base at the top of the scoring board, I scored the wide section at 1", 2", 3 1/8", 4 1/4" (all the way across the center of the card), and 6 3/8" and folded on the score lines so that my card looked like this:


Using my Copic markers, I colored and cut the various stamps from both the Woodlands and Woodland Animals sets.



Then I cut the shrubbery from the scraps of green and brown, using the Spring Grass, Spring Greenery, and Campfire Clothesline dies.



I stamped the sentiment at the top of the tall pale blue panel and assembled my card.  Here is a close-up of the steps of the card.



And again . . . the finished card.



CottageCutz sets used on this card are:









1 comment:

Karenladd said...

Oh my goodness Lois, this is so fun! I love those woodland animals and your fancy fold. My few attempts at 3-D designs never come out quite right so I'm really impressed!