Monday, May 22, 2017

Hello, Fishies!

Clean-and-simple cards are not my usual style, but every once in a while I go outside my comfort zone.  Today is one of those days.  CottageCutz has a new line of Expressions Plus dies, which are very nice, script words.  My CAS card today has one of them.



Supplies used on this card are:

Heavyweight white cardstock 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored at 4 1/4"
Lightweight white cardstock for masking
Scraps of orange and blue cardstock for fish and sentiment
Sponge daubers
Fine-tip glue dispenser
Black marker
Foam pop dots
Ranger Distress ink - Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Spiced Marmalade

Janet, the video artist for the CottageCutz design team, has created a U-Tube video showcasing some of the other Expressions Plus dies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSLcthpx5W0&feature=youtu.be



I cut and scored my heavyweight white cardstock and centered the mask piece slightly below center.  This mask was actually the negative piece left from when I had cut a circle for a previous card.  I anchored it with a couple of Post-It notes and then sponged on  the Tumbled Glass ink using a sponge dauber.


Using the same sponge dauber, I added some areas of Salty Ocean ink to give some depth to the water area.  As you can see in the photo, after inking up the dauber I sponged off a bit of the color onto the Post-It note.  Better to have to add color to the circle area than to try to remove it!



Then I cut my fish and sentiment from the scraps of orange and blue cardstock.


Once again using the sponge daubers, I added some texture to the two fish around their fins and gills.


Using the fine-tip glue applicator, I carefully added glue to the back of the sentiment.


Similarly, I added glue to the back of the blue fish.  I also adhered a small foam pop-dot on the back one of the fins. 


I repeated the process on the orange fish and adhered both of the fish and the sentiment to the card.  I added a few drops of glue to make the bubbles coming from their mouths and drew in their eyes with a black marker.


This close up shows how the fins with the foam dots stand out from the card.


Here again is my card, which I thoroughly enjoyed creating!


CottageCutz dies used on this card are;



http://www.scrappingcottage.com/search.aspx?find=double+stitched+circle

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzexpressionsplushellophrase.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzhappyfish1elites.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzhappyfish2elites.aspx


I would invite you to step outside your comfort zone and create a different type of card today.

1 comment:

fusiafscrapping said...

Great idea! This would also be awesome for the kiddos to make wall decors for their rooms!