To start my card, I cut two pieces of teal cardstock, one piece 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored at 5 1/2"; the other one 4" x 8", scored at 4". I also cut three pieces of swirly blue-green paper: 5 1/4" x 5 1/4", 5 1/4" x 2 3/4", and 4" x 4"; and three pieces of "sand" paper 5 1/4" x 2 3/4", 5 1/4" x 2 1/4", 3 3/4" x 1 1/2". I also cut one 3 3/4" x 3 3/4" white cardstock.
I tore across the top of the three pieces of "sand" paper and adhered them to the three pieces of blue-green paper.
Next I cut my die-cut images. You will see that I cut two pieces each of the mermaid, the sentiment, and the waves. You will understand this duplication as the card is constructed.
Next, I lined up the sand on the 4" x 4" card with the sand on the bottom panel of the card base and glued it down. I did put some Scor-Tape on the back of the 4" x 4" card at the top to make sure of a good adhesion over the sentiment.
Here is where you discover why I cut two "imagine" sentiments. Lining up the word with the one already on the card, I adhered it onto the smaller card and cut off the excess. I will admit that this looked better in my head than what actually occurred.
Then, using Copic markers, I colored the mermaids, the shells and the seaweed . . .
. . . and adhered them to the front of the card. As you can see, I poked out the pieces of the mermaid tail and hair and inserted the lighter blue and darker hair pieces into the other one.
The wave die-cut was not quite long enough to span the full 5 1/2", so I had cut another shorter piece of that wave to make up the difference. After getting the size correct by overlapping and trimming the smaller piece, I adhered the wave across the fold-up panel on the front.
I had run two of the shells through my Xyron X sticker maker so they would adhere well. The third one (the scallop shell) was adhered with a medium glue dot. This one is used as the "closure" on the left side of the 4" x 4" panel.
And that completed my card.
I hope you liked my card today.