Monday, July 10, 2017

Prayers

My card today could cover several needs.  I am part of a group of ladies at my church called Prayer Angels.  We each pick a name of one of the group out of a hat and become that person's "Prayer Angel."  We offer prayers for her throughout the year and send cards of encouragement.  A card similar to this one would fill the bill perfectly.  Or . . . it could be used as a sympathy card.   Unfortunately, we all need those occasionally.  I used three different CottageCutz dies on this card, including one of the new Expressions Plus dies.


To begin my card I cut a piece of purple cardstock 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scoring it at 4 1/4".  I also cut a piece of green cardstock 4" x 5 1/4" and a piece of coordinating pattern paper 3 7/8" x 5 1/8".


Then I cut the cross/vine, the Prayers phrase, and the rounded rectangle panel from various colored cardstock.


Using Ranger Distress inks (Bundled Sage and Antique Linen) as well as a dark yellow Copic marker, I added some dimension to the die-cuts.


I then constructed my cross and vine, attaching the flowers with mini brads.



Because I was going to stamp an additional sentiment in black ink, I decided to shadow my "Prayers" Expressions Plus sentiment with black.  To make the adherence process easier, I had run the panels of cardstock through my Xyron X sticker maker prior to cutting out the words.


I then stamped the small sentiment in the lower right-hand corner of the pale green rectangle, added the cross/vine, which were popped up with foam tape, and constructed the rest of my card.



CottageCutz dies used on this card are:

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzcrosswvine.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzexpressionsplusprayersphrase.aspx


http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzroundedrectanglesetbasics.aspx














No comments: