Monday, March 12, 2018

Easter Basket

Easter is just a few weeks away, so for today's CottageCutz blog I made an Easter card.  I had bought a pad of patterned paper a few weeks ago at Hobby Lobby that had several pieces that looked just like a woven basket, and I've been wanting to use it.  Today is the day!   My card, using one of the Spring dies (Spring Flower Eggs), is pretty simple.


To start, I cut the eggs three times -- from yellow, pale green, and purple cardstock.


Using a fine-tip glue applicator, I glued the cut-out eggs to the solid back pieces, alternating the colors.


Then I cut my cardstock:

Cream - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
Patterned paper - 2" x 5 1/4"

The handle was cut from tan cardstock, using the largest CottageCutz Pierced Wide Oval Frame die.


Using a wide-angle corner punch, I rounded the bottom corners of the basket-weave patterned paper.


I wrapped some purple ribbon around the oval frame/basket handle, taping it in place.


I taped the handle to the back of the basket and added the eggs.  Then I adhered some foam tape strips around the basket and the frame.


Removing the protective paper from the tape, I adhered the basket to my card base.  I added a large foam pop dot behind each egg and a strip of ribbon and bow to the basket, and my card was finished.


By the way, CottageCutz has a new release of some cute breakfast items called Rise and Shine.  They are currently on sale at 25% off.  Be sure to check them out.

CottageCutz dies used on my card are:

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzspringflowereggs.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzpiercedwideovalframesetbasics.aspx







No comments: